- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy & Security
- Returns & Replacements
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Distance Selling Regulations
Shipping & Delivery
The Postage charges are based on the weight of the book. When ordering more than one book the weight of the combined order is used so the charge will be less than the sum of the charges for the individual books.
We offer three classes of postage to the UK and airmail for the Rest of the world. For the UK. first class is the Royal Mail first class, the second class is Royal Mail second class postage for orders up to 1kg. Above that it is the charge for Royal Mail Parcel post.
Our books are packed in purpose made cardboard boxes, offering the best protection from knocks. Books are also wrapped in bubble wrap, and most have archival quality, removable cover protectors.
We insure all our deliveries. Please note some orders with a value of over £36 (excluding postage) may be sent requiring a signature. Please let us know if this will cause a problem.
Privacy & Security
WHO MAY PROCESS DATA
Personal information (which includes your name, address and any other details you provide to us which concern you as an individual), required when purchasing from this site, may be stored and utilised by us to conclude the transaction (e.g. for the purposes of postage/delivery/invoicing). Where necessary, information may be required and supplied to third parties in order to provide additional services as a part of the purchasing process, i.e. Couriers, Paypal.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your personal information will not under any circumstances be provided to any third parties for commercial use without your express permission. We may use aggregate information for statistical analysis
Old Bakery Books does not disclose customer information to third parties, unless permitted by the user. Your personal details will remain private and confidential.
We do not sell mailing lists to other companies, or divulge any of your personal details unnecessarily to other companies or individuals.
We may include links to other websites but Old Bakery Books is not responsible for the privacy policies and content of those sites.
Returns & Replacements
- In addition to your statutory rights under the Distance Selling Regulations detailed below you also have the right to cancel any order made so long as the request to cancel has been made in writing (email is fine) and received within 7 days from the day after you receive the order. You are responsible for the safe storage and return of the items at your cost and risk. All items must be received back in the original condition as supplied with all seals/shrink wrap intact A refund will be issued within 10 days after the order is returned. If our descriptions are incorrect or the wrong items is supplied we will refund the return postage costs, in addition to the full refund (including our original postage charge to you).
We aim to process all orders on the same working day as receipt of payment but all orders will be sent within two working days and all books are supplied subject to prior sale. An automated confirmation e-mail will be sent to confirm your details and the books ordered - this is for guidance only and you will be contacted directly in the event of a query, price change or shortage of a book if relevant. We reserve the right to refuse the supply of any item without providing a reason. All products remain the property of Old Bakery Books until payment in full has cleared. All personal information provided by the customer is only used in the processing of your order and is not forwarded to any third party other than the payment merchants - Paypal or Google.
Credit/Debit card information is not held by Old Bakery Books, after completion of your personal details and books ordered you will be directed to a secure website to give those details to Paypal or Google where the sites have the expected security.
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- Payment may be made by credit or debit card using our online payment facilities via Paypal, Google Checkout or you may pay by personal cheque. Personal cheques should be made payable to Chris Hoddinott and sent to the address on the 'Contacts' page. All payments will be made in Pounds Sterling. Title to any goods does not transfer from the seller until payment has been received in full. Any contract arising from this website is made under British law.
Distance Selling Regulations
The Distance Selling Regulations 2000 are designed to protect customers who are not physically present with the seller at the time of purchase. They cover purchases made via email and the Internet, together with telephone and mail order. They only apply to transactions between businesses and consumers (individuals acting outside the course of their business) and do not include business-to-business contracts and auctions. Under the Regulations, consumers have the right to:
- details in writing about the supplier and the terms of the transaction
- written confirmation of their orders
- further information, including a notice of cancellation rights, the complaints procedure,<
- after-sales services and guarantees
- delivery within 30 days unless otherwise agreed
- Consumers have a cooling-off period of seven working days in which to cancel the contract, starting from when the goods are received, without having to give a reason. If no details of the cooling-off period have been given by the supplier to the consumer, it is extended to three months. The right to withdraw can be exercised by the consumer even after the goods have been delivered, or the services have been provided. The consumer is entitled to receive a full refund for a cancelled contract within 30 days.